Monday, January 7, 2013

33

Yesterday was my 33rd birthday.  It was great that it fell on a Sunday so we could spend the day together.  We kept it low key, but did some of my favorite things.  I opened some sweet presents in the morning.  We headed to Chipolte for lunch and then to this great park in San Marcos.  My favorite thing to do lately is to discover a new "walk" that we can go on together.  This park had a big loop path around a pond.  As you can see from the pictures below, it was beautiful.  I'm trying to soak in all this California beauty and weather while we can!




Once we got out of the car, it was cooler than back at home so we found Elyse an extra coat in the car...several sizes too small.







These girls were fast.  They loved chasing after Dennis.




This girl loves when I tell her not to smile...and responds with a big grin.  It works out perfect for me because it makes for cute pictures.  Her sister however, shows me the back of her head every time I pull out the camera.



Oh, and I wanted to share some of this birthday message I received.  I recently signed up for a daily e-mail at this website.  Monday-Friday they send short and sweet inspirational (and funny) messages.  Yesterday, I received a special birthday message...good stuff!



A few years back, not so long ago, heaven and earth erupted into a major celebration with the news of your impending adventure into this very time and space. You see, someone like Andrea Katolin doesn't come along all that often. In fact, there's never been a single one like you, nor is there ever ANY possibility that another will come again. You're an Angel among us. Someone, whose eyes see what no others will EVER see, whose ears hear what no others will EVER hear, and whose perspective and feelings will NEVER, ever be duplicated. Without YOU, the Universe, and ALL THAT IS, would be sadly less than it is. 



True for all of us and fun to be reminded!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Happy birthday Andrea!