Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Holidays

We spent a low key holiday as a family of four.  My parents had planned on joining us for Christmas, but unfortunately, my dad needed heart surgery, and obviously couldn't make the trip out here.  Good news is that the surgery went great and he is home recovering.


This is the only picture I got of the girls on Christmas morning.  They had a blast opening their presents and we spent most of the day playing with their new stuff.

As you can see from the picture below, they both received some new dress-up clothes they wore most of the day.  We ended Christmas dinner with Jesus' birthday cake.

Poor Dennis got sick the day after Christmas and had to spend most of the next few days in bed.  By Sunday, he was better so we decided to get out of the house and head to Balboa Park.  It was a chilly day but we had fun exploring together.  I LOVE the detail on all the buildings there.


On New Year's Eve, we decided to party hard by going out to Pizza.  I found this great place thanks to Yelp (Privateer Pizza if you're local and want to try...a little pricy but yummy!)



(no beer consumed by this one...we just get a kick of of pictures of her with a beer bottle...so mature!)










We came home, put jammies on, and did the New Year's Countdown at 6:40.  The girls thought it was pretty special to have some sparkling juice in wine glasses.


After the girls went to bed, Dennis and I watched the movie Bernie on Netflix (highly recommended) and went to bed well before midnight.  I used to think it was so lame that my parents didn't say up until at least midnight, but now I don't understand why anyone would!

Happy 2013!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I savor being able to look back at pictures but I have to say I appreciate how well you 'stayed in the moments' on christmas morning and didn't worry about getting pics. It took a lot of self-talk for me not to take the morning in through lenses but in first person (as it should be sometimes). (I was not totally successful - there are some shots and clips recorded!). Great catching up with you on your blog. Talk soon.